Saturday, January 31, 2009

The Trojan Family

So all those things they told us when we were prospective students about the Trojan family and all the alumni connections...turns out it's true! This week we had class in Hillary Clinton's Senate office, met Senator Menendez's chief of staff, Senator Conrad's communications director, the MPAA's top lobbyist, and had a wlecome reception with the USC alumni group which is amazing. Then, walking around Georgetown, this USC alum stopped Dan and me because Dan was wearing a USC sweatshirt. I thought that USC's connections would only really help us in LA, but USC has an awesome network in DC--a town that's all about networking. So even though I hate networking, at least it isn't as hard.

I saw Slumdog Millionaire yesterday--possibly the best movie I have ever seen.

Yesterday I went to an ADPi party.....apparently sororities have parties here. It was fun, but the social scene is still kind of awkward here.

On the job front, I have an interview with Barnes and Noble next week. Still haven't heard from Banana Republic, even though it seemed like a pretty sure thing after my interview. So we'll see how that goes. I have a job at the crepe place when the weather gets warmer too.

No comments:

Post a Comment